Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jealous in the Middle

Picasso once said "good artists copy, great artists steal". The point is to look at other artists' work and steal their strengths and learn from their weaknesses. Therefore, I am continually stalking other photographers blogs and websites to see what their ideas are. Often many poses for portraits and weddings are quite similar but it is always neat to see a fresh twist of how different photographers pull it off. The point of all this is that I am jealous! Often, some of my favorite people to stalk are living in very scenic locations. Alaskans have fresh, clear water, people on the coast have the ocean and the sand, photographers in the mountains have a beautiful backdrop, and city folk have these awesome skyscrapers and cool alleys and arty areas. Fort Wayne... you have to work a little bit harder. I'm jealous but I must say that I think Fort Wayne is the place for small businesses to prosper and it is a little less competitive atmosphere. I didn't think I would end back up in Fort Wayne but now that I have been back, I think I have the best chance here to grow. Plus, in the upcoming years, it should be exciting to see the development of downtown.


No comments: